You've come to fish at the right time, selected the correct lure, made the perfect presentation, and the fish of your lifetime has taken your offering. Your chances for fighting and landing it are now as strong as the weakest link in the line between your reel and the fish. Is now the time to wonder whether the materials you selected and the knots you tied were the best choice for the conditions?
In Fly-Fishing Knots and Connections, legendary fly fisherman Lefty Kreh tells anglers everything they need to know about what may be the most crucial aspect of successful angling-the connections between the reel, backing, fly line, leader, and tippet. Lefty's years of painstaking research and testing pay off with hard and fast rules as he shows:
- The fundamentals of tying all knots
- The nine most important knots every angler should know
- How to connect fly to tippet, tippet to leader, leader to line, line to backing, and backing to
- The finer points of shooting-head-type fly lines
- How to build leaders for freshwater and saltwater applications
- How to use "bite" or "shock" tippets
- How to tie droppers
Anglers of all skill levels will find Fly-Fishing Knots and Connections a compact, handy, and indispensable reference that they will consult over and over again.